Thursday, December 16, 2010

The recap

Alright the last couple days have been pretty uneventfully. Wednesday worked and then went to a sneak preview of How Do You Know with Reese Witherspoone and Owen Wilson. It doesn't come out till this Friday but Kelly scored tickets. The movie was pretty good. It was definitely a chick flick and by that I mean romantic comedy, but hell it had Reese Witherspoone and can't say no to a hot blond right? haha and she was lookin' good as she was playing a washed up Olympic athlete! And Owen Wilson plays his charismatic kind of stupid athlete role he does so well. Plus Paul Rudd and Jack Nicholson are in there too! I love Paul Rudd, he's so funny and Jack is a classic and he plays his role so perfectly. Over all I say the movie was good and you should probably see it, might be a renter but it would be a great date night movie!
I do think that I might have underestimated the time commitment to going to this show. I drove straight home, hoped in Kelly's car, drove to Kelly's parents, hoped in her mom's truck and drove there. Got there about 645pm, and I got of work at 430pm, long time of nothing accomplished there but a lot of driving. Then stood in line for a bit, found our seats, no previews, then the movie with some delicious but bad movie food. Popcorn and pretzel with cheese and then repeat steps one through 3. Got home about 1045pm. Not a lot of time to do much after that. Did a little stretching, showered, put the dishes in the dishwasher and hit the hay....
Thursday, or my Friday as I like to look at it. I have the day off tomorrow so I'm hoping to get the rest of my holiday shopping done, clean the house, pack the rest of the shit up and even get my first Ice climbing session in before bed, sounds like a healthy task. So Thursday was a normal day, traffic was light because the predicted weather was a bust. Got to work a little early so I just surfed the web since I don't have the option to work ahead. Work is what it is. Nothing exciting happening there. After work I headed off to the gym to squeeze in my final work out for the week since Friday will be so jam packed. The work out was solid. First time completing the full work out 3 sets of each exercise. The gym was pretty dead so I could just fly through the work out with no hold ups. After the work out I ran to the grocery store and picked up some chicken for a chicken sandwich. Made dinner and popped in the movie The Other Guys with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. Random is the first word that comes to mind and then hilarious! haha, this movie was classic Will Ferrell just plain stupid humor and Mark really shows his funny side. It was almost boarder line spoof but that's Will's style. I would recommend checking it out.
On the cycling and training side of things. If some of you guys are looking for something to spice up your work out, check out BikeJames.com, he talks about suspension training (TRX training). I haven't really done a full work out with them but what I've dabbled that shit is difficult and really works.
My boy Gee has a pretty sweet video that I recommend you check out. He races his fellow Red Bull athlete at Fort Williams heads up for pinks. The twist the other rider is David Knight a moto enduro racer. I wont spoil the out come but it was awesome! click here brought to thanks to betterride.net
Alright take it easy and remember where ever ride ride it pinned!
later

No comments:

Post a Comment