Friday, February 4, 2011

Why hello ms. weekend, you sure do look lovely today!

Ok so I don't have much to write about since my day was pretty uneventful, but I feel like I might be letting my 2 followers down if I don't put something up for them. So yesterday like I said was uneventful went to work went home, dropped my car off at the shop to get the clutch replaced, picked up Chinese went and ate it at Kelly's parents, went home and watched TV. Yippee! haha. So today Kelly had to drive me to work, I'm sure she's not too happy about getting up early but she'll get over it I'm certain.
So the topic today will be an email I received from James Wilson about Goal setting and how important it is. I have copied a bit of the email here, just below so enjoy:

" Goal setting, it all boils down to understanding the 3 levels of goals and when to focus on each:
1. Ultimate Goal: This is just what it sounds like, the end result of all your hard work. Where exactly do you want to end up. If you don't know what the destination looks like you won't know when you've arrived.
2. Product Goals: These are the smaller "stepping stone" goals that will lea d you to you ultimate goal. No one achieved greatness in one swoop and so knowing the steps you'll need to take to get there will help.
3. Process Goals: These are the day-to-day things you must do to make your Product Goals come about which, in turn, leads to you Ultimate Goal."

So, for me, my one of my Ultimate Goals is to be an extremely well rounded rider with no holes in my game.
Some of the Product Goals to get me there are to iincrease my descending and ascending skills, so I can climb quickly and in control and fly down the steeps smooth and flowing and to iincrease my Cornering Ability, so I can go faster, corner harder and fly out of the corners.
To make those happen some of my Process Goals are to continue with my DB combos work out 3 times a week, eat properly, practice my cornering drills 2 times each week and ride my bike in some form as often as possible!
So there, a little more incite into my life and how I think. I hope this helps some of you out there with setting your own goals and they don't have to be related to mtn biking. I simply picked that to keep with the general topic of this blog! Thank God it's Friday, I hope you all had a great and stress free week and I wish you all the best on the weekend!
Keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment