Sunday, February 13, 2011

another wonderful weekend!

Before we get too much in to the recap of the last few days I wanted to touch base on a few things that will help us all even if you don't always agree with my riding philosophy. The first is a video from Bikejames.com, it's called Barefoot pedaling or as more commonly known flat/platform pedal use but it's not a rant about why you should use them but it talks about how to properly use them. More importantly how to pedal more proficiently and correctly, it discuss the mobility and posture needed to improve your pedal stroke. The second thing is also from James Wilson but I got it off of pinkbike.com, another one of my favorite sites, it's 3 steps to faster corners and I know that anyone that rides a mtn bike loves railing berms and who doesn't want to be faster and more confident at cornering.

Ok on to the boring stuff, haha, the recap. Friday was my last day of training for the new job now I start officially doing my job on Monday, yuck! Work was alright, nothing serious except a knowledge test, which I rocked. I got the best score in the class. We had a little "graduation" party. Someone brought donuts and bagels for breakfast another brought brownies and cookies, I brought drinks and we ordered pizza. Unfortunately the person that ordered only ordered 2 mediums for 6 people! What the hell were they thinking. I can eat a medium by myself, they should have at least got 2 larges. So I was hungry all afternoon since I didn't bring my normal lunch and snacks with me. I just assumed there would be plenty of food but I guess you know what they say if you assume you make an ass out of you and me. After work I just hung out with Kelly and watched Despicable Me, it was pretty good for being an animated film. I actually fell asleep with about 20mins left but I was exhausted from trying to keep up with the pooch.

Saturday, Kelly, Jerry and I met Stu and Mitch up at Sandstone to do a little ice climbing. It was to be Jerry's first adventure and it went really well after he got acclimated to the cooler weather even though it was 25-30 degrees out. Ice climbing was fun, there was a lot of people up there so we got pushed to some more challenging climbs which was cool with me but Kelly was with to climb and she struggled with the climbs. Saturday evening we just hung out together, our little family, and watched Dinner for Schmucks. What a weired but funny movie. It did get a little slow in the middle but Steve Carrell had a great performance.

Sunday was a day to get stuff done or at least try to since it was just me and Jerry. I started off the day with hanging with Jerry and Kelly and Then she went to ski and I went to work out and run some errands. When I got back the plan was to start cleaning the LHT(long haul trucker) but that didn't go as planned right away. Jerry turned into a little monster and I was too busy disciplining him and keeping him from chewing on everything. Eventually his little gas tank ran out and I was able to get to work. I only was able to give it a good cleaning. I couldn't figure out how to get the rear hub apart. I don't know if I didn't have the right tool to get the axle out so I could take of the freewheel hub or maybe I'm just dumb but it was way different then any other hub I've ever worked on and I even looked it up on the Internet and they claim there is a lock nut on top of the cone, I don't know whatever, and I couldn't pull the cranks because the crank puller I have didn't fit the cranks I have! GD why can't anything just go smoothly. Oh well it was fun to work on my bike. Between that and the nice weather I really have an itch to get on my bike and ride! The plan is to go sometime this week after work and buy my bike. I got part of my return Friday and the other part should be here Monday or Tuesday. Wish me luck! I hope to get a good deal. I hope you all had a great weekend! I can almost touch the spring weather and mtb trails!

Keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment