Tuesday, May 31, 2011

the half way mark?

Shit it's Wednesday tomorrow, wow. Well the good thing is Jerry's tummy is looking good so fingers crossed he can get his stitches out Monday morning and be ready to be back to normal. Sunday I did get a ride in and it wasn't too bad. It was tacky for the most part with some greasy spots but no crashes so that's always a bonus. Sunday night we went to the hangover 2, man that was some funny shit. Definitely not a let down and if you liked the first one you should definitely see this one! I haven't laughed that hard in a long time and I thought I laughed hard at the Bridesmaids movie! After that we had a little fire at our place and drank a few beers and hung out till 2am.
Monday wasn't a lot going on. It was Jerry's 7th day so glad we made it that long. Now we can start weening him back in to walks and doing his normal things. Kelly and I had a little dispute over Jerry and I left to go ride because we both needed sometime alone. Unfortunately the trail was shit. There was a fare amount of people there but I did a lap on the Green trail just to warm up and it was complete greasy and I was sliding everywhere and my bike was caked with mud so I was like F it I'm going home. I stopped by the car shop to get the stuff to change my oil. I went home and washed my bike and changed the oil in my car and then gave that a wash. The wash was pointless. I woke up this morning and it was covered with pollen again and looked like shit.
Today was a pretty good day at work. I got a little help and got completely caught up and should be sitting in a pretty good spot for tomorrow. I'm so ready for this week to be over, not just for me as I don't have much plans but for Jerry it will be bit wait off my shoulder and he will finally be able to rip like he likes to do!
After work I went to Leb to rip it up and it was in stellar shape today. I might even go so far to say it was perfect. There were only a couple wet spots and they were to be expected. The first lap wasn't as good as I would like but I redid a couple sections, I know some people don't like to redo section till they clean them or rip them as well as they would like but unlike hiking where I'm a mile muncher in MTB I like quality I like to practice and it feels really good to me when I rip a section fast and smooth. You know when it's a good section, time almost slows down and its like you are in a tunnel vision where nothing but you and the trail exists! I got that a couple times. It was a great ride! Hope the rest of the week is this good!
Keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment