Monday, April 11, 2011

Weekend recap

Alright, Friday was a quick ride like 30 mins just hit up some of the urban features right around my house and then it was time to go to the movies. We went to see Arthur with Russell Brand, probably the funniest movie I've seen in a very long time. You should all go see this one, I'm probably going to buy it. It's on the level of let's say Grandma's Boy and I can't watch very many movies over and over and I love watching Grandma's boy and I will see Arthur again for sure. After the movie I did some anti-training... aka drinking games and staying up later... :( for riding :) for my moral! haha
Saturday I got up cleaned the house, this seems to be the usual Saturday morning of late. My uncle came over about 930am and we left about 10am for I ride after I finished breakfast. The ride was fun, it lasted about 2 hours. Unfortunately the trails hadn't opened so it was an urban MTB ride, which wasn't bad. I took him over some of the local features and we made our way past the Lexington street dirt jumps and then headed over to this park near there  that I had noticed on my last ride that looked to have some old trail running through the weeds up a hill. I don't know if it was simply a foot path or an animal trail but it was pretty fun. It led up the hill and then along the power lines for about 3/4 of a mile and then down a hill into another park. It wasn't that technical but it was pretty demanding up and down little steep and on the other side of the second park was another longer climb up to some paved path that just ended and turned into a gravel down hill. The climb was tough but the dh was fun and then back the the other way the steep hill we first climbed was really fun, it had a nice little switch back in it. We stopped by Lebanon and it was really wet. Didn't look like any snow on the trail that I could see but there was mud and standing water. Probably going to be awhile for that place to open. After the ride  we had a little BBQ and then Kelly and I just hung out.
Found out that Jerry doesn't really like thunderstorms, hahaha cuddled very close to me all night.
Sunday went to the gym, had a strong work out and then we went to Kelly's parents for a little surprise birthday party for her Grandma. It was a pleasant way to spend a Sunday. Hung out with the old guys, listening to there stories. Man old men can really spin a tail... haha
I hope the weekend didn't go quite as quick for all of you but if it did I wish you the best at work this week!
Keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment