Monday, October 10, 2011

Good morning Monday

Well I actually wasn't exhausted this morning so that's a good start to any day but especially a Monday! The weekend was a good time. Friday we just hung out with our friend Mel and went out to eat at Chili's. The food was pretty good and they have this new pay at the table kiosk. It also has games and stuff on it. It was kind of neat but how unpersonable this makes your experience. Soon we will be served by robots and they wonder about unemployment rates? Some days I long for the old days when everything was done buy people and manually! Oh well nothing we can do.

I just want to pass my condolences to Steve Job's family. Thank you Steve for everything you have given us, you will be missed.

Saturday was suppose to be a morning of car shopping, the first day out looking at my options and test driving some cars. It turned into a multi-hour adventure resulting in a new car! Nice, I purchased a '08 red Nissan Sentra. I like it a lot and my expert negotiator Kelly got the price lowered about $500 and a free hitch for a bike rack and auto start thrown in. I will truly miss my Subaru, I've had it since I was a junior in high school and it has been there for me for many years and through thick and thin. I've done a lot of cool things and some stupid ones in it! It was tough saying good buy and maybe the sentimental value has kept it around past its prime but it was time to cut her loose. I hope she doesn't just rot in a junk yard some place but if she does I hope she can provide some much needed parts to another Subaru lover. I will own another one some day but they are out of my price range right now.

Sunday I head to Wisconsin with Josh and Frank to hit up Levis Mound Trail It's about 2.5 hrs from the cities. It is by Eau Claire WI. The trail was awesome and totally my style of riding. Rough and raw! There are tons of rocks and roots. It is very up and down but the downs are totally worth earning! I wasn't a big fan of all the leaves, simply because I'd never rode there before and I really like to see the trail for what it is and pick my lines but I will definitely be coming back to thrash it again in the spring/summer. I unfortunately forgot my camera so no sweet pictures of our ride but it is worth checking out!

I hope you all had a great weekend!

Keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment