Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Amateurs practice until they get it right, masters practice until they can't get it wrong

So what is going on right now in the lovely world of chance's self sponsored cycling adventures, well to tell you the truth not a whole lot. I have currently enlisted the services of a personal trainer at Lifetime fitness, and trying to make it there three times a week. I only actually see my trainer once a month. I can't afford more at this time, but it's ok, it’s more of a test of determination and drive to stick with it. The workout is pretty good, I struggled with it at first, I think she likes to see me struggle, haha, but I'm getting the hang of it! I will most likely continue with this training until after the first of the year, and then the plan is to purchase the Ultimate Mountain Bike Work Out from James Wilson and bikejames.com. It's a 6month program that is suppose to cover everything from strength and cardio to stretching and nutrition, as well as riding tips and bike set up tips. Sounds like a great deal to me! Check it out if you want more info. Other then the gym, I'm staying off the bike for a few weeks as I did develop a bit of an over use injury in my right hip from riding so much. I believe that is partially impart to the clipless pedals that I have been using. So with the advice of James Wilson I will be switching to flats and five ten shoes exclusively for training and for any type of off road riding I partake in next spring. So I will be leaving the clipless mafia as James refers to it. Not sure about the road yet but we will see, but I’m definitely going to give it a try and keep an open mind. After the 1st of the year I do plan to get back on the trainer and attend spin classes at least one to two times a week. As for now I will be doing my strength training and stretching and try to squeeze in a yoga class or two!

1 comment:

  1. You ever see the Saturday Night Live skit involving Will Ferrel and Yoga? I imagine that being you!

    ReplyDelete