Friday, March 29, 2013

Over The Top Skate Park

It should really be called a bike park since there wasn't a single skate boarder there and to be honest the ramps were built for BMX and pretty dang large. I met up with my buddies, Jed, Thor and Griff for a little evening session about 2 weeks ago. The Over the Top Bike Park is in Zumbro Falls, MN located at the Bluff Valley Camp Ground, about 1.5 hours south of the cities. It isn't the easiest place to find but totally worth the trip if you have the itch to ride your bike in the winter or on one of those rainy weekends this summer. It is not for beginners. The park is tight and has pretty large ramps. The over all size of the park is pretty small but still a great time.

I took these pictures from Griff's blog:
http://mountainbikegeezer.com/posts/my-first-trip-to-over-the-tops-indoor-bmx-park-humbling-rewarding/


We rode for about 3 hours and then headed home right before the big winter storm blew in. I had a great time, met some great people there and learned a few things like a foot jam whip. I couldn't land it on the wedge ramp but I will keep working on it!
Check out Over the Top Skate Park here on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/overthetopskateparkmn?fref=ts

Keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment