Tuesday, July 10, 2012

North Country!

This past week my friend Anna came to visit from Germany. She will be staying for about 10 days to get a little MN fresh air. Of course last week was also the 4th of July and like all respectable America's we celebrated Independence day however it was pretty lack luster compared to holidays of the past simply because of the day of the week the holiday fell on. We didn't really do much. We went to the Afton city parade and ate freezies and then took naps because the heat and the sun kicked our ass. After we woke up we just hung out and then Anna fell asleep again. She had just gotten in early that morning since her flight from New York to Milwaukee was delayed and she missed her flight to MSP the night before. So I'm guessing the jet lag was kicking in. Kelly, Jerry and I sat in the front yard and watch the fireworks that were going off in Kingston Park. They were pretty sweet but we could only hang out for so long before the bugs discovered there was fresh meet out there to be had! Back inside and off to bed! I have to say I felt pretty old. No partying or anything like years yor! haha

We did however make up for it a little bit on the weekend. We headed up to the lake cabin and the weather was fabulous! I don't think I could have asked for better weather. High in the low 80's and lows in the low 60's, great sleeping weather. We did some boating, grilling and tubing! I love tubing! We played some battle tubes and I dominated, haha. Unfortunately the only bummer was the extreme sun I received on my back. It is itching like crazy now. I put sun screen on multiple times but I guess it just wasn't enough! It must be the partial ginger in me! haha

I think the girls had a good time up there as well and I know that Jerry did! He always does. He loves to jump of the dock and go swimming! It makes me happy to see him so happy. I wish the cabin was closer! He was pretty tuckered out though. He slept the entire 3 hour ride home on Sunday and most of the day when we go back.

Over all it has been a good start to July and I hope there is a lot more awesomeness to come! Starting August is the HS MTB season so that will be exciting and interesting and will definitely fill up my schedule for the next couple months!

Keep it real!

No comments:

Post a Comment